Annual Book Sale
The Friends of the Library Annual Book Sale, which was originally scheduled for September may be rescheduled. This decision will be announced at a later date. The decision will be made for the safety of the community, Friends volunteers, and in keeping with best practices and guidance on social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Waynesboro Public Library is not accepting used book donations at this time.
Book Donation Guidelines
The following items will be accepted:
• Hardcover and paperback books in good condition, for adults, teens, and children.
• Commercially published media (DVDs, CDs, and video games)
• Medical and financial advice books (less than 5 years old)
• Travel guidebooks (less than 3 years old)
• Computer manuals (less than 5 years old)
• Textbooks (less than 10 years old)
• Test preparation guides (less than 5 years old)
• Juvenile nonfiction
• Rare and collectible books
We cannot accept:
• Damaged books with broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty, moldy, with smoke or water damage, or with excessive writing in the text
• Clearly outdated nonfiction materials (see above for guidelines)
• Toys, games, puzzles, or artwork
• Magazines (bound or unbound) or professional journals
• Condensed books, such as Reader’s Digest
• Non-commercially produced media
• Workbooks or study guides that are partially or wholly filled in.
• Computer programs
• Books discarded by other libraries